An Excellent opportunity to play a lead role in the continuing development a leading multinational brand, Relatecare is looking to recruit an experienced Data Compliance Officer. This role reports to the CFO and is based in Waterford and will involve regular travel to our offices in Cleveland, Ohio.
The Data Compliance Officer will co-ordinate the day-to-day activities of the ISMS team, including:
- Act as main point of contact for any ISO/GDPR/HIPAA related queries and provide advice and assistance to business units on data protection compliance issues.
- Be accountable to keep abreast of regulatory developments within or outside of the company as well as evolving best practices in compliance control and promote awareness across the business of compliance obligations.
- Support key data protection processes for breach management and data subject access requests as per GDPR. Undertake any required investigations into possible or suspected breaches of data protection legislation and complaints. Reporting Occurrences and Incidents as required by ISO27001-2013, GDPR and HIPAA.
- Developing and overseeing control measures to prevent or deal with violations of legal guidelines and internal policies. Revise procedures, reports, and other documentation periodically to identify hidden risks or non-conformity issues across the company and its practices on all engagements (internal/external). Draft, modify and implement company policies.
- Regularly assess the efficiency of control systems and recommend effective improvements. Conduct internal audits, risk and data impact assessments as required by business relevant legislation (HIPAA, GDPR, etc). Ensure effective Corrective and Preventative action implementation is employed on all reported incidents.
- Collaborate with corporate counsels and HR departments to monitor enforcement of standards and regulations
- Assist on creation of training material with most up to date compliance trends. Lead employee training sessions on legal and compliance issues.
- Manage and evaluate quality of service for suppliers who provide critical support to the business
- Assess the business’s future contracts to identify possible compliance risks.
- Undertake duties of a general nature or additional tasks as may be requested by your Manager or the business
- You will be educated to degree level, and possibly have a relevant Professional Qualification in Data Protection, Compliance, Law, or IT Security.
- You will demonstrate knowledge and understanding of data protection and general compliance protocols as relevant to healthcare laws and regulations within the European Union and the United States.
- Previous experience working in a compliance role healthcare or financial services would be desirable, as would a background in Call Centres, BPO or similar businesses.
- Understanding of ISO standards 27001-2013 and 9001 would give a significant advantage, as well as knowledge and experience of the requirements of HIPPA.
All CV’s will be retained for 2 years as per our Retention Policy. Should you wish to have your personal information removed sooner you can request to have your details removed.